A cut Christmas tree can add warmth, fragrance and nostalgia to your home. Here are a few tips to keep yours fresh during the holidays.
- Let us cut a small section of the trunk off the base of your tree to facilitate water uptake.
- As soon as you get home put the freshly cut tree in a large bucket of water. Even if it’s outside and preferably in the shade, make sure it has plenty of water.
- Once it’s inside, place in the coolest place part of your home away from the fireplace and heating vents.
- Keep the tree stand full of plain cold water, no soda or aspirin, etc…Save those items for your own holiday overindulgence.
- If possible, run a cold water humidifier somewhere near the tree. It’s good for the tree and for people too!